SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Adult Children of Addicted/Alcoholic Parents (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/)
-   -   Something GOOD to share!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/adult-children-addicted-alcoholic-parents/116138-something-good-share.html)

TryingisDying 02-19-2007 04:20 AM

Something GOOD to share!!!

Im so happy....quick backgroud..I'm a runner....I only have ran and raced on the road and a little crosscountry. Not a fast runner, but I love it for me....I had wanted to do a race that was a 5 mile trail run on ungroomed moutian bike trails. I tried all kinds of ways to talk myself out of it....it all came down to FEAR

Fear that I couldn't do it...Fear that I might have to walk....Fear of why do it at all if I can't win...Fear of what everyone would think.....ect.....

Well I woke up yesterday...turned it all over to God..Read a meditation on Fear and went and ran the race....Yep it was the hardest thing I have ever done...made a 10K look like a walk in the park.....BUT

I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I MOVED BEYOND THAT FEAR AND TOOK THAT RISK!!!!

DesertEyes 02-19-2007 08:34 AM

Wow TisD, that is awesome. Congratulations! That's a great example of doing things that are _good_ for you, and of overcoming the "baggage" of our own insescurities.

Didja get a t-shirt? I've heard they give out cool t-shirts to people who complete those things.

Mike :)

jacksdaughter 02-19-2007 09:17 AM

Congratulations... I run also .. very happy for you. I do believe we have to do the things we fear to get past the fear.

TryingisDying 02-19-2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by DesertEyes (Post 1216410)
Wow TisD, that is awesome. Congratulations! That's a great example of doing things that are _good_ for you, and of overcoming the "baggage" of our own insescurities.

Didja get a t-shirt? I've heard they give out cool t-shirts to people who complete those things.

Mike :)

No not this one...and darn it...I deserve it for that one...lol hardest thing I have done so far!

Jack'sDaughter.......Don't ya love it!

justicej 02-19-2007 03:51 PM

Wow, your exhuberance and courage is contagious. I can feel it. I feel like doing something I have been avoiding out of fear, even though I can't think of what right now.

Good for you. I am not sure what to congratulate you on, the running or winning the battle with your fear. I think both are wonderful.

TryingisDying 02-19-2007 04:03 PM

I think the fear is a huge thing.....the running..well I have more balls then brains so to speak lol....Thanks you...GO DO SOMETHING that is holding you back from life!

GiveLove 02-19-2007 04:03 PM

Trying,

Way to go!!!!!!!!! I'm a trail runner too, and it's been one of the most helpful things in terms of boosting my self-confidence that I can think of. It's SO hard sometimes, and there's so much fear involved in putting yourself out there.

You're an inspiration!

GiveLove

wildeagle 02-19-2007 08:05 PM

This is great! I'm also a runner and have a hard time sticking to it when I'm stressed out about life. Maybe in your honor I will go for a run tomorrow :-).

Thanks for posting this.