I must be crazy

Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I must be crazy

I must be a crazy person. I wrote the letter, and didn't get the response I expected but here it is Christmas Eve and you would think my parents would call. For all that don't know, least weekend my Dad drank enough to pretty much kill a person, caused himself to have a seizure, fell, cracked his head open and was at taken to the hospital in an MICU ambulance. At first I actually didn't know this was all caused by his drinking thought maybe he had a stroke or heart attack or something. Then when I found out he caused all this yet again, and of course during the holiday season, I was furious and very disgusted to say the least. Half of me really thought that my Dad might call and apologize, but no I guess he thinks it is okay to put your family through helll over and over and never feel the need to apologize. I apologize to my children when I think I have done something wrong to them. I guess in some ways it reconfirms that staying away from them is the right thing to do. Thanks for listening was getting kinda sad....
Old 12-24-2006, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there Jacksdaughter,

Sorry to hear that your Dad is behaving the way he always has. I'm glad that it confirms your decision to stay away from him. Perhaps now you can focus on making the holidays good for _you_ and your children.

I've heard in meetings that the definition of "crazy" is to keep doing the same things over and over again, expecting a different result. Perhaps you're expecting your Dad to magically become responsible, over and over again, is a little bit of "crazy behavior" on your part. Maybe you can consider making a new years resolution to get off that "merry-go-round" once and for all.

That's what I did with my "toxic family", and it's been wonderful.

Mike
Old 12-25-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Mike and Merry Christmast. Good way to look at it, you're right it's time to get off the Merry Go Round.... just feels odd but I guess it time it will feel right