Newbie to chat

Old 11-26-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Newbie to chat

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to the chat forum. However, I am a very long time member of 12 step recovery operating as an Al-Anon/ACOA Both parents - I think, Mom for sure). I happened on this site because I was trying to find a quote from the AA BB and "stumbled" on to the ACOA chat. Since I am a "card carrying" member of Al-Anon, I don't give my ACOA recovery the attention it needs(deserves). Anyway, a friend is also working on his recovery using the ACOA as his focus and it's really having an impact on me. My recovery is going in a new direction. Not sure why I don't focus on this as it is my "issue". Perhaps complacancy can be my "excuse". Anyway, looking forward to some interesting insight for recovery.

Some thoughts:

"The signicant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them"
-Albert Einstein

"Being jugemental about your own behavior is actually a cop out because it makes you feel as though your doing something virtuous."
-Barbara Sher
Old 11-26-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to you Red!!!! We are glad your here.

Seems like there is so much more out there for Al-anon then ACOA .... Im guessing that is why more time is spent on it. I had to work through alot of the ACOA with theraphy and did not do 12 group meetings for that part of my recovery..... I do however use Al-anon.

I look forward to getting to know you, keep posting because Im sure your ES&H will shine though for others that come here.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello there rita, glad you found us.

This forum is a little on the quiet side, but it makes up for that with lots of depth and wisdom. Please take a few minutes to browse thru the posts and check out the "sticky" posts at the top of the forum. Feel free to toss out any question or thoughts you may have, we love to hear new points of view.

welcome again.

Mike