Old 07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

For entertainment/ keeping my mind occupied this HOT evening, with a root beer on ice I read through today's posts here at Secular Connections. So much transpires in a day. I love it.

Unclear quite what you meant in this thread Autumn, until seeing this post far down the line in another thread here:
Originally Posted by up&downjj
????? Debate Thread ??
Wow...this has my brain swirling....
What ever happened to Keep it simple ???
It was a far-reaching thread, sometimes tangential, sometimes obscure, sometimes delving deep. Spectacular!

My posts have occasionally received similar 'keep it simple' responses, and I understand the directive behind that. Yet, I also surmise that those of us here at Secular, in large part because we're relying on our own mind/ reason/ intellect/ thought processes to determine our behaviors (as opposed to a higher power or religion or group-minded program), feel compelled to explore all angles of every thing we encounter. Unwilling to follow blind faith or believe anything anyone else says or trust anything external to guide us, rather, we're relying on our ability to think, reason, process, explore, examine in full the complexities of it All. If we keep it simple we'll probably overlook something important. Keep it engaged.