View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cmc

I know that as well, MG. In my experience finding a bit of truth does not mean that something is entirely true. Black and white thinking leaves no room for what is bigger than ourselves. In practical terms I may have correctly placed one piece in the puzzle and yet fail to complete the rest of it correctly. There can be a little bit or a lot of truth within a lie- and that is where we maybe miss it.
IMO people share ideas of faith and philosophy of life because the struggle to find our way is so great- it validates who we are, where we have been and where we are headed when we finally 'arrive' and then we may want to share that. Maybe it has alot to do with seeking approval. IMO
It feels good to 'crow' about our victories in life and our joy- maybe that is a motive for sharing. Here on SR especially, nothing is better than seeing someone achieve their goals!
Best described the joy he has and so did equus- I see nothing wrong with that. It would be selfish of us not to mention a good thing we have.
What/who we love will be evident in our conversations.
When something I say or do threatens,offends or harms another that is crossing over to manipulation. But, alot of times it is my perception of that 'offense' -especially if there is a 'chip on my shoulder' or I have some insecurity. Most people realize that bullies have low self esteem and many people on the soapbox hate in others what they see in themselves. This brings me back to the original quote on the start of this thread about the thing that irritates us the most is actually our self! I guess if we love ourselves it helps us to love each other too.
I will end with this quote from equus, I like it.
I've found my freedom, but I have no inclination to believe I must show you yours.