Thread: Advice Columns
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
earthgirrl
Paused

Unhappy Advice Columns

Is it just me? I keep writing to my local newspaper's advice column (Annie's Mailbox) and I've written to MSN's "Dear Prudence" but my letters never get published.

I asked how I should handle my AH's family pressuring him to drink. I guess the advice columnists don't want to have to deal with the uglies of real life and opt to answer the "which side of the dinner plate does the fork go?" questions!

Ugh!

So, how do you handle your AH's family pressuring your AH to drink? I talked to my sister-in-law about the problems the drinking was causing & she told me she would talk to my H, but instead she turned around & is pressuring him CONSTANTLY to drink with her. My mother-in-law sympathized with me, told me all about my husband's father (deceased) and how abusive he was to her....told me she would definitely speak to her son on my behalf. When she came over, she looked him straight in the eye & told him that he DESERVES to drink beer after work since he works so hard all day.

I do have to say though that I was finally able to have a conversation with my AH this weekend & I told him about his sister & his mother & told him that I feel that they both hate me & that they must want us to get a divorce. He said he would talk to his sister, but he didn't.

Thanks for listening to me rant & rave.

Hope you're having a good day.