View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

The Evangelist Within

I'd been continuning on another thread here, but then realized my response has nothing to do with the original post...so starting a new IDEA, as initiated by Utopia from that other thread.

Originally Posted by utopia
when i came and found recovery working in my life i initally wanted to share it with the world. i now believe attraction works better than promotion.... i also remember that what irritates me about others is usually something within me.
Such a well-balanced approach. People can become such evangelists when they find something that works, that's meaningful to them, often (ideally) with good intentions of simply wanting to share what they've found with others. It reveals a lot about a person, the way they go about "enlightening" others, as well as they way they receive such information/ insight. Having been rigidly instructed the first half of my life, and expected to comply, while systematically silently rejecting that way of thinking/ living/ being inside my own mind, I realize the far more influential method isn't command, it's striving to live according to one's own highest standards and allowing that to be the messenger. In that, one need not preach anything, rather strive to live harmoniously and intelligently, exemplifying respect to self and to others and to all that surrounds. Recognizing within oneself what needs to be improved, internally seeking, more than externally preaching.
-Live simply, simply live