View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rainy

Hi Maryl,

Ya know, I used to really hate hearing that saying...I would think to myself, OK God, that's enough, I don't want any more 'stuff' thrown my way, so stop now please, I can't handle any more! Now, I realize that what that really means is He doesn't give us any more than what we can handle with Him by our side, He doesn't want us to handle it by ourselves, b/c then it IS impossible. A lot of you probably already have this figured out, for me it was a revelation, believe me! lol

One of the men that work for me has a daughter who underwent life or death surgery this weekend--she was born with a rare liver disease and just turned 2 recently. It came down to a transplant was their last resort, and the call came in for them Saturday morning. His faith through all of this astounds me--saying simply that whatever God has in store for his family is what he will be ready to accept. That makes my little problems seem pretty insignificant in comparison, and I complain that I have too much to handle.