View Single Post
Old 07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
equus

Originally Posted by paulmh
Equus said:

Withe respect, that's your problem, not the fellowships'. IT uses language to the best of its ability to explain and describe experiences which are difficult to describe. When we - me and you - dismiss AA or AlAnon because of the language they use we are missing the point. It's not the language that's on offer. It's the life-changing experience. When you - and I, because I did it for a decade and a half - dismiss the fellowship because of the language they use we are indulging a prejudice.

Hang on - I didn't say it was any problem with 'the programme', just that was a big part of my reasoning, which actually isn't a problem at all to me.

You'll have to forgive my confusion - on the one hand posters feel if they can't push faith there then their recovery is meaningless, there's posts about the lord's prayer - but despite that even suggesting that 'MOST' (tried bold last time so thought I might try caps) believe in god - is apparently incorrect?

Spiritual/religious whatever - there does seem some element of confusion to me and as most of the time I get to spectate that on here (like frequently!) without comment I simply made a suggestion.

Take it how you want but I wouldn't attend what I view as a spiritual/religious/believers meeting and spout athiesm.