Thread: Buddha Rap
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aloneagainor

Originally Posted by Five
...because I have learnt to use my mind, and my spirit, to work for me, instead of against me, driving me down.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
Buddha (563BC-483BC)

This quote from Buddha was stated 2500 years ago. And still people don't get it. Humanity will likely never change that way, always looking for reasons, blame, answers, direction, and all, from things outside themselves.

Reality is a state of mind. It's not "out there", it's inside the mind where one defines what's truth and what's real. One's perception of reality is completely determined according to what the individual chooses to believe. We shape our own reality that way. We determine our own happiness that way. Why choose to play the victim and live according to another's directive. That does no good for oneself, and only drags down those around us. Blind obedience/ chosen oblivious create a false, distorted, and neglectful perception of reality. People can do better than that. But it's also a solitary life, to choose to walk one's own path toward understanding.