View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Autumn
That was a very interesting read DK, and pretty fab for being first-year and all. I didn't really notice many typographical errors, but then my grammar/punctuation is far from accurate, even now. Well done pally.

Were you amazed when reflecting upon what you wrote, your thoughts then, and how very little has changed? That's how I felt when I read mine again!

I almost don't want to post it; it's pretty amateurish in comparison, really. I'll wait, since I would like to read further comments on what you wrote.

You paper has me reflecting upon how far mankind has come over thousands of years. From star gazing as a means of finding direction, to TerraServer USA.

I liked your closing sentence, also. It was a nice finishing touch.
Thanks Autumn. :shysmile: I'm not very good at taking compliments. I'm cooking at this little dinky tavern called 'The Hitching Post,' and the gal who was working the front asked me to check a table, because she was doing paperwork for selling a keg. She prefaced it with "I don't let any of the other cooks help attend to my customers, but I trust you." I'm still in disbelief. I've only been there for a few weeks. Although, I've been bringing them their newspapers every week for a couple of years now. But still...

I'm not sure if I'm suprised at my beliefs not changing, but I did notice that they hadn't.

Hey, I'm sure your paper is just fine, and really, mine was no masterpiece. It was fun to post it though. I like these lines you wrote:

You paper has me reflecting upon how far mankind has come over thousands of years. From star gazing as a means of finding direction, to TerraServer USA.