Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
corvettte_angel
Paused

confused

Ok, since my dad has stopped drinking, he has atually been working really hard to be nice all the time. Unfortunately he naturally isn't a nice person so it is a stretch. I know that he is doing all he can right now, but he still seems to snap at the dumbest things, example: my sister get her hair cut and highlighted. He said it was a waste of money since it is summer and noone will see it. Well, my sister and Mom were irritated because he was yelling at them. After they left, he came in and asked me why he was always the bad guy. Ever since he quit drinking he has been asking me about everything. I feel like telling him to go find someone else to dump his problems on. How do I tell him that I am not an innocent bystander that can give him advice from an impartial view. I wanted to tell him last night that the reason she is getting her hair done is because she is now really tan and looking good and her ex-boyfriend comes home from vacation this week. She wants to look incredible so he misses what he had. I couldn't explain that to him so I just said she wanted to look good for fair and that you don't want people to see your hair right after it is done because you need to learn how to do it that way first. I know it was lame, but I don't know how to answer when he asks loaded questions. I'm afraid I will say the wrong thing and he'll explode.
Love you,
--Ă…ngel