Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
indigo
Community Greeter

This pretty much explains my position, we are all energy and energy cannot be destroyed only changed;;; having said that I have so many other questions concening sacred geometry and quantum physics here's my 2 cents.
There is Oneness in all the Universe. Every atom in existence vibrates with the energy of the Source of All Things. Before there was time, before forms or dualities, there was only the One. And now, after eons of time with life manifested in innumerable species of animated forms, every discipline of human endeavor, from physics to psychology to mythology to religion, tells us that the separateness we perceive is an illusion and again we recognize that all is One.

This is the spiritual teaching of many of the world’s religions, including Hinduism, and Taoism. This is the enlightenment of the great teachers, such as Jesus the Christ and Buddha. Philosophers from the time of Plato and Aristotle have spoken of these truths and of the plane of reality that lies behind the three dimensions perceptible to our five basic senses. Psychologists, such as Carl Jung, have described the “collective unconscious,” which is shared by all of us. Many writers have helped us elevate our thinking by going beyond the status quo. Ralph Waldo Emerson declares that, “There is one mind common to all individual men.” Ernest Holmes contends that, “There is no such thing as an individual anything in the universe.” Poet William Blake asserts that, “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is, infinite.” This worldview has now been corroborated by the most unlikely of sources, the world’s physicists. Science has discovered that objective reality does not exist and that causality created experimentally is not a valid reality. Rumi, the Sufi mystic said, “Men’s minds perceive second causes, but only prophets perceive the action of the First Cause.”

There is a place where energy becomes matter. Matter and energy, as Einstein showed in his famous E=mc2 equation, are one. At the subatomic level is the portal from which matter is born and to which that energy ultimately returns. And because c=the speed of light=186,000 miles per second, then c2 is a huge number which means that even the tiniest mass carries a significant amount of energy. The Nobel Prize winning physicist David Bohm states, the world is an "unbroken wholeness"; everything is non-locally interconnected. We need to learn to perceive holistically because our world and the entire universe is actually interconnected. It is erroneous to continue to perceive our world as a conglomeration of separate, unrelated parts.

This book explores Oneness as a form of consciousness, as a force in the universe, and as the Ultimate Reality. It offers a variety of perspectives from a number of different disciplines. Buddha states that God “has many forms of transfiguration and incarnation, and can manifest Himself in manifold ways according to the ability of each person.” Because humans can exist with infinite varieties of understanding, a single image of God, or notion of God would never be sufficient. Each person will relate to a different aspect of God, depending on who that person is and where that person is in his or her journey of knowingness. The instant we define God, in a painting, writing, in scripture or song, we place artificial constraints upon the boundlessness of Being.

With this in mind, the examination of Oneness is approached in many ways, as seen by religious leaders, philosophers, psychologists, writers, and physicists. This will allow the reader to find one or more interpretations that resonate and that convey understanding. If at first some of these references appear unrelated, it will soon become clear that they are in fact connected (like everything else) and contribute to our new expanded view of reality.

For example, J.D. Salinger offers us this perspective in Teddy: “I was six when I saw that everything was God, and my hair stood up, and all,” Teddy said. “It was on a Sunday, I remember. My sister was only a tiny child then, and she was drinking her milk, and all of a sudden I saw that she was God and the milk was God. I mean, all she was doing was pouring God into God, if you know what I mean.”

This book also presents original ideas concerning the implications of Oneness in an attempt to integrate All That Is with our perceptions of our reality, our consciousness, our connectedness, our centeredness, our experiences and our intuitive notion of what is. This is distinctly different and beyond what many of us have been taught growing up, and apart from the noise, that saturates our senses every day.

There are yearnings of the human soul that are common to all people. We share a longing for greater understanding, a need to answer questions of meaning:

“Why am I here?”
“What is the meaning of life?”
“Is there something beyond this life?”
“Who, or what, is God?”
“Who am I?”
Some of us have more time to ponder these questions than others. However, we are all subject to the soul’s questioning.

We may confront these questions in middle age after years of neglect or distraction. The questions had been there all along, but we were racing to “get ahead,” to “build a business,” “start a career,” or “raise a family.” But weren’t there always times of reflection along the way where these very questions surfaced?

Added to our innate need to know, the Universe stimulates other curiosities with countless mysteries that fill our everyday world. They are dangled before us in a mischievous way:

The waves that relentlessly pound the shore
The creatures of the sea that jump out of the water
The rabbit, fox, and deer that appear unexpectedly and then suddenly are gone
The migration of birds and their “V” formation in flight
A chameleon changing color
The metamorphosis of a butterfly
A spider’s web
A firefly’s glow
The circular vortex when water runs down a drain (and its change of direction on the other side of the world!)
A rainbow
The coming and going of the sun and the moon each day
The billions of stars that fill the night sky
A solar eclipse
A shooting star; a comet; a meteorite shower
The dramatic changing color of the autumn landscape
The rebirth of color in the spring
A pristine blanket of snow which unifies all things
How do these things work? What laws do they obey? What clocks do they follow? And is there some unifying principle, some holistic worldview that makes sense of it all?

The nature of Oneness will always appear to be a paradox. God is in simple things we understand; yet the boundlessness of God transcends understanding. We have words like omnipotent and omniscient to describe the Oneness, and yet our language is not designed to speak of things in other dimensions and in unseen worlds. Nevertheless, we know from all of those who have gone before us that it is possible to know the great I Am, and to achieve Oneness.

©2002 Doug Coulter. All Rights Reserved