Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 02:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
clancy
Im Ok - youre OK

Well I just had a nap...and I was thinking about what you said teach, about God perhaps not being all powerful.....I was turning that over in my mind.

Im really suprised you can accept the idea of a God who is not all powerful. Surely his power is part of what makes him GOD? I was thinking back to the example of the poorl little girl trapped in the flood waters again, and I thought well maybe God didnt have the power to stop the disaster, or rescue the child,but surely, SURELY he has the power to gather her soul up to him and take her out of that horror, surely just that? I mean he made the world right? he raised a little girl from the dead in the bible didnt he? Do you believe in the bible?

A God who is so impotent that he cannot even do that simple merciful thing, how can he be a God?! what DOES he do now then? has he lost the powers he had in the Bible? how can you have an impotent God??

Then I was thinking well, that wee girl probably wasnt a christian...she was probably a muslim....so I guess there was no point God saving her,or being merciful because (I HATE to think this) he was going to let her go to hell anyhow,for not being a christian.What an apalling thought.

But Im surely if so then God fails on being GOOD too?

but maybe it dosent apply to children, hell? if so, when does a child stop being a child? 12? 15? 18? 21?

Just the thoughts that were going thrrough my head as I dozed...I dontknow how you can be a christian/religious and not want proper answers to stuff like this, yet the answers are always so vague....faith..mysterious ways... what do you think teach/others?