Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 04:36 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
clancy
Im Ok - youre OK

Yuh, you speak a lot of sense Don.

I think the questions Iasked are unanswerable really, best has had a go, but he didnt really manage to prove the philosophical point I was interested in...

It just seems to me God cant control the forces of the earth....because there are just little instances i remember that seem SO cruel....I remeber seeing a photograph of a little girl who had been caught up to her neck in flood water for three days after a disaster.....the suffering in her face was almost too much to bear...she had been cying out to god...eventually she collapsed from a heart attack and sank in to the water.

When I looked at that girls face I felt SURE there was no god.i could accept the earthquake and the deaths with Gods presence,but, really guys, the religious amoung you, answer me this, why did she have die so cruelly? I can think of many more examples but that one sticks with me.

If God was all knowing, he would have known she was there, if he was all powerful, the very LEAST he could have done was kill her quickly...if he was good,he would have.

But he either didnt know of her suffering, couldnt help, or wouldnt. therefore he is either not all powerful,not all knowing,or not Good. there fore he is not GOD,therefore God doent exsist.

can you follow this reasoning? faith isnt enough.