Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 03:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
best
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by clancy
Well I must be missing something then.....how does what best said address what I asked??
The ills of the world are caused because of the sins of mankind.
I can't answer why God does or doesn't do but I can try with my tiny human brain to reason out as best I can what is beyond my understanding.

We all will die. Death is 100% No one gets away from death.

Everything has a purpose and when bad things happen, people react.
God uses the bad as He brings it to work for good.

A farmer plants a crop. He knows (within reason) that some plants will grow a good fruit/flower and some won't. Some plants may be culled out when they start to grow, some may be left because by pulling them, you would slow the developement of the good plant. Two plants growing side by side would cause a competition and cause them to each try harder. Removing all hardships could slow the developement because the competition isn't there.
In organic gardening, you can plant Marigolds among the tomato plants. The Marigolds will attract the insects or cause some insects to stay away, in either case, the tomatos are kept safer from insects going after them.
Does a farmer look less upon the Marigolds? He sees them as a necessity to a healthy garden. Each plant has a purpose and each plant will die in it's time.
Why God does things I can't say and my meger attempts through examples above may hold some solid reasoning but I am only human and I am limited in understanding because of that. God is beyond our understanding and that is why people will give answers like Don S said are given.
I won't speak for best, but in my experience this is usually just answered with something like...
'god works in mysterious ways'
or
'god is all-knowing, we aren't' (i.e., we don't always know what god's will is)
This brings me back to a point of faith. I accept and hope on faith as I place my life in God's hands and rely on His promises that no matter what comes my way, He will bring me to paradise when my time on this earth is finished.
Be I a marigold or a tomato plant, I will be with Him in heaven.