Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Slacker.....

Originally Posted by slacker
Haha, your post about the monument to yourself was quite funny to me.
I'm glad you liked it. I'm still contemplating a larger-than-life self-portrait, lol. Yeah, the monument was more an entertaining thought I had than a serious one.

I used to say that for my burial, I wanted all my assets used to buy a small piece of land (and pay the property taxes for 100 years, after which time I will be a local landmark), on which a very large statue of myself will be placed, preferably with my mummified body inside.
Omg..... that film clip of the Arabic people and American soldiers pulling down Saddam's statue just rolled through my head, lol.

I also freely admit that so long as my grandious plans are acknowledged by my family and friends as genuine, they can do whatever they wish with my corpse as I won't know any better. So long as I remain convinced that my plan will be carried out, I can enjoy all the benefits of such a great monument-to-myself during my lifetime.
That's cool slacker. I like that idea. I see what you mean, too, as relates to practical arrangements as well.