Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Best

I do want you to know that I very much value your opinions. I have no idea if perhaps you were an Atheist/secularist at any time or had formal/informal education regarding the subject of an Atheist's view of death. It was wrong for me to just selectively announce who I want to respond to this thread. My intent here still is to try to pare down as much as possible and really simplify rather than complicate - but that's my issue due to my current level of understanding and ability to absorb. It's like the extreme difficulty I have talking on the phone and listening to someone in the background...... kind of like being in the process of ordering a pizza and requesting a list of certain items, and having someone in the background saying the list backward or asking for different items entirely, like anchovies. Then too, there's the whole Christian end of it as well - I'd be a liar if I said it wasn't a factor. I'm a little disillusioned.

I wasn't really happy with Dakotaboyd's post either, but I asked for secularists opinions. Even though his post seemed harsh to my ears, it's his reality.

Anyway Best, I'm really sorry..... please feel free to contribute as relates to the topic.

xo