Thread: Death
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Autumn
alconaut

Originally Posted by clancy
Hey, I dont think its actually healthy to have a totally rigid belief system autumn...

I also think everyone fears death no matter what they say..if you said to someonewho said they didnt fear death that they were going to die tommorow, they would almost certainly be afraid....its part of the human condition to fear death, it helps us stay alive! It sounds cool to say you dont fear death, but I dont really think that many folk can say that in ALL honesty. xxclanc
Well sure..... I agree that everyone fears death to an extent, but I believe that those who have chosen a theory about dying with absolutes are probably more comfortable with the outcome of death. I'm just a paranoid freak, period.

You know Don, if you're reading, I saw what you wrote in the "Definitions" thread about existentialism, and just because you said it doesn't matter, it intrigued me more and I have been doing a little reading. Am I an existentialist? I don't know yet..... perhaps? Aren't existentialists neurotic paranoid freaks?