View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
clancy
Im Ok - youre OK

Hey, of course what you do has moral signifigance? Do you mean to God (which God/what is God, if anything??)

I think thats its quite an incredible thing to believe that what you believe is more important than what you do....isnt it?

I know some christians believe that you will only get into heaven if you take shelter one particular God (theirs, J.C) and that you can be a really wonderful individual and still be cast to the wolves...just cos you dont take on the word of their book.
Its insanity to me and I just dont understand (hope im not offending anyone here, dont mean to at all just want to have a good discussion x) how you can figure it....?

There is tons of stuff in christianity that leaves me gaping...like believing the world is so young, 6 thousand years or something, when we have carbon dating and dinosaur bones,believing in adam and eve....Im just so stumped when people say to me they believe that...How? But is so interesting that they do!

If I was going to pick a belief system...I like Karma. Its quite a neat (if brutal) explanation for why kids get murdered and stuff...simple.

They have chosen before this life started, their exit from it.Their suffered a similar fate in another life and know want to make up for it. They only way you can pay back is too be murdered yourself...but not by the govt.(im totally anti capital punishment) Actually when you write it down it seems REALLY harsh and I really hope I dont upset someone (ach,tread carefully clancy) but it does make a sense to me, a logical order...not wretched chaos. I think there is a danger of, if you believed that that certain folk might be less sympathetic to that soul in their life...but with intelligence we could see that it would be the natural order of things....
I think perhaps we each have many lives, the earth is our classroom, and death is like going home at the end of the day...you get to rest awhile then off to school again,each soul progressing at its own pace, and oh yeah of course, wise giudes to work with us, to help us choose the right lessons, the right places to be born the right challenges...and as we become wiser and progress we can work as guides ourselves, maybe not having to incarnate on earth so much(phew!) and more senoir giudes still work with us...eventually we return to the source and disintegrate our individualities...(this bit starts to scare me...ego death!! argh!! im not in a hurry..)become part of the light!

I have this all worked out! That would make a beautiful kind of sense dont you think? When I look at the world one thing jumps out at me...cycles. Big cycles and little ones.they are EVERYWHERE seriously, start looking... the moon, the tides,the seasons, the menstrual cycle...cycles within cycles everywhere...I think there is quite a reasonable chance that we are the same..we bloom and flourish like leaves on a tree, and wither and perish...and then we do it again! and again.and again. Till we come out nicely, so wecan go back to the source..which scares me! arg!

I really liked buddhism for a while...I did 10 days of silence in thailand meditating and contemplating ego death...Oh man...I still dont have any words for what I went through....intense.

Made me very respectful of buddhism.

I of course have no idea what dreams will REALLY come when I have shuffed of this mortal coil....I do hope its not box,worms. ego death! eek as you see im a sissy about ego death.
My darkest suspisions are that it maybe that way and an english woman Dr Susan Blackmore has a horribly convincing argument for that. She's like hey no problem you wont know about it! but I cant contemplate that. Im too immature, not brave enough. Anything but ego death!
Oh wow, ive really gone on...have I lost you all....? hope not I want to see what you guys think about my thoughts....

(just dont freak me out with a convincing argument for box,worms, OK?)

love and hope! clancxx