View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 02:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
equus

Chinthaka was a taxi driver come tourguide, come stone mason, ex 5 star hotel chef who pretty much learned and did whatever allowed him to earn and keep the ever extending number of family that relied on him. He rose quickly to head chef when he cooked and ran the local drivers organisation fighting with package tour companies over bullying and insanely unsafe hours. In his spare time he involved himself in politics, and social care through the local muslim, budhist, hindu and catholic (his faith) communities. I have never before or since met a person so utterly respected and loved within his community - and as he travelled as a tour guide that community was HUGE!! I was extremely fortunate to have had him as a driver and then him and his family as friends!

Ok the abridged version:
City kid
Groom
Horse breaker
Student
Applied Behavioural Analyst
Children's Rights worker
Wife
and soon to be student again!

D (my hubby) fought with alcohol dependency and abuse for years. I suppose I was fortunate alcohol in any great quantity either made me sick or fall asleep!! Don't get me onto trying to quit smoking though - the next quit date is Friday.... meeeeeeep!!