Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
stonetree

I have insecurities about going out. I'm relatively young but of old fashioned mind and values. One of the things I absolutely hate is going out and coming across women that are half naked. Mini skirts with half tops and high heels, etc. I feel so angry when I see that. It infuriates me. I myself have a pretty good figure, long hair and good skin. I can dress like that and get the same attention. But I don't. I don't feel like I should have to compete when I go out so I stay home all the time. When I do finally go out, I dress the way I feel the most comfortable, which is usually classy/elegant maaaybe a bit sexy but not showing off cleavage and stuff. But then I feel like the ugliest girl in the room. Not a good feeling.

I cant leave that alone.
Ghostworld, social anxiety sometimes comes in disguise.

Its not necessarily like wow Im sooo anxious around other people...far from it.

Social anxiety can start more subtle. IĀ“mean, you admit yourself that youre insecure and you can feel like the ugliest girl in the room...anxiety also comes with a lowered sense of self worth.

I mean, being anti social is a good defense against anxiousness...but it sucks too. It aint any fun. How little fun you have becomes obvious reading your post...it really is no fun, and being with others when one has anxiety is no fun either...tough one, not easy to deal with for sure.