Old 06-13-2006, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Yes the statistical rate is extremely low. Why?
Rarely have WE seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path! That is Chapter 5 the first sentence in the Big Book of AA.
Also in the NA book it says We have never seen anyone relapse who has lived the NA way!
.. So sure the odds are against us if that is how we want to perceive it. I said on another thread earlier, the statistics say meth/coke addicts only 1 out of 100 will obtain permanent sobriety. When I heard that, I said "I'm one out of the hundred that will obtain permanent sobriety."

Guess what? We all have a choice once we get away from the drugs, the critical part of recovery is the first 6 months, then we are far enough away from it. But always anniversaries are hard also. Then if you have ever gone to a convention of any type, have you ever noticed that between 5 and 10 years there are very few that stand up when you are counting down sobriety years. None of us are guaranteed anything but now. We can break it down into minutes, hours, but OMG if I was looking even two weeks down the road I would probably be ****** up today. All we have is today! PERIOD

Beth I think (whoops not suppose to think) you need to start getting into a solution instead of dwelling in the problem, that is just IMHO. Which way do you really want to go. Someone told me the other day "Vic, either sh!t or get off the pot!" There is no straddling the fence.

Love Vic