Thread: 'Night terrors'
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kickit

I'' m so glad that this info has helped others. Whether the experiences are caused by 'oneself' or spirits (I do believe in the spirit world also Eire Rose) it is useful to know how to deal with these situations.

My problems started after my husband and I split up, so trauma was involved. I felt as if I couldn't move and that a denomic figure was either sat on my chest, crawling up my body or sat at the side of me. Yes, terrifying. This also started to happen at other people's houses and I thought that I was screaming out, but nobody heard me, and I checked to see if anyone had the next morning.. On 1 occasion I though this 'thing' said 'we're back' and there seemed to be more than one of 'them'.

I used to lay awake many nights as I had stong feelings that this was going to happen again.

I have been told, and believe, that my grandparents are watching over me and my defence was to get their picture and take it to bed, ask for their protection. It worked, it gave me protection. My grandparents wouldn't let anything hurt me if they can help it!

This was many years ago now, and I pray for it to remain so. I have had the odd night where I have been afraid, I sit up and read, ask my grandparents to help me. I am settled with a wonderful partner now, which has helped. Although I have more trouble sleeping when he is away some of this is natural as I am not used to sleeping on my own now.

I am new Ms B, only just admitting that I cannot control the demon drink though, on day 11 and hoping to make it through!

Stefanie you are not going mad, it is hard for other people to understand / believe. You can find protection, what works for you, and you know now that you are not alone. Hope that things improve.

Wishing everyone well.