View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
the_undertow

in college i woke up 'nervous' one day and it lasted 24 hours for about 2 months. when i got to the doctor, barely, he gave me klonopin 2x and effexor. it took 6 weeks, but it worked and after a year of both medicines i was cool.

i know people think that anxiety is something we should tough out. being stressed out at work is completely different than having your body anxious 24 hours a day. i know exactly what you are going through, because i had to throw up each morning, just to calm down for an hour. i was only taking 3 classes, had $, and not a care in the world. i finally realized that depression/anxiety were real chemical imbalances because a) i had nothing to be nervous/depressed about and b) it happend to me

i agree, each SSRI produces different results in different people. but i promise, you WILL find the right one. lexapro for some, prozac for others - but in the interim, get that klonopin in your system so you can feel better sooner.

there may be no magic pill, but if you are overproducing adrenaline, lacking dopemine, etc...an SSRI will fix it - and make you your old self. to me, that was as good as any magic i had ever seen.