View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by deettah
when I asked if he was going to go see a Dr. Anyway, he proceeded to call me a c*nt, liar, b*tch, gross, ect....and I proceeded to tell him that he has finally helped me make the one and only healthy decision as far as our marriage is concerned and that it to file a formal separation and divorce. Ofcourse he was pissed and went on to blame me for talking down to him and he said he was sick of the way I treated him.
He is right. You are still trying to control him. And you are talking down to him. I know how hard it is, but you must give his life back to him to do with what he will. Do not ask him about seeing a doctor, do not intervene in any way with his choices. The only way he will take responsibility for himself is if you quit taking it for him. I know how hard it is. I thought if I let go of my husband, he would die. And he may have, but he didn't. I'm sorry to sound harsh, but you really must get out of his way if he is ever going to recover. And whether he does or not, is not on you, it is on him. Please stop trying to control and rescue him. He does not want it or need it. You need YOU way more than he does. Think about this, please.

L