View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RLACP

Greetings from RLACP (Recovering Love Addict/Co-Dependent)
One of the best things I have done for myself lately is to buy Pia Mellody's book, "Facing Love Addiction" after my couselor recommended it. (I see Purnell recommends it too.) This seems to be the next step in my recovery from co-dependence. I have almost finished the first part and am ready to go on to the exercises she has in it.

For me, this explains a lifetime (I'm almost 50) of choosing the wrong man (a love avoidant) and trying to "fix him" or do about anything to hang on to him. I've been in active recovery for 16 years and looking forward to the rest of my life going easier because I am willing to do the work it will take to recover from Love Addiction.

I would recommend, if you haven't been in recovery of some kind, especially co-dependence, that you read Pia's "Facing Co-Dependence". It would be hard to put the concepts from "Love Addiction" into practice without a good understanding of co-dependence.

My heart goes out to you. As the 12 step program says, "it works if you work it."