View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
daisy_j

I once had a co-worker tell me, in front of my boss, that I looked like I was about to keel over. Of course, I was so horribly hungover that I could barely stand up but most people pretended not to notice.

I went to get a facial once a few years ago and the aestitician (?) scraped off all of my makeup and asked me what had happened to my poor skin. Why was it so red? Well, of course I was hungover and still had that alcoholic flush from the night before. I didn't fess up to it, but she did advise me to stop using "any products that contain alcohol" so my face would not get so irritated. Did I listen? Of course not!

I know that when I first got married, I was a size 3 at best and after more than five years of drinking (mainly beer) almost every single night, I can barely squeeze myself in to a 10 and that's on a good day. My husband also drinks and has gained over 50 pounds. Whenever we see pictures of ourselves from not so many years ago, we both go absolutely quiet. It's really quite sad.

Seeing as how I have never made it 3 days without drinking (before this week) I am not really sure what physical changes occur, but I would imagine that it can only get better from here!

GJ