View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Michael22

21 days sober - it feels great!!

Hi

Day 21 - it feels great - wonderful!! I feel like a kid again. I made dramatic changes in my diet and lifestyle - also trying with the smoking - LOL!!!

I've been drinking teas and having fun with being able to go out anytime of the day or night - wow - what a freedom!!

I treated myself today and bought a store bought pecan pie!! - yum - and whipped cream. I'm eating breakfast ( cereal ) instead of drinking it!! Eating lunch -healthy organic foods - peanut butter - stuff like that - that doesnt trigger a drink urge! Also chocolates - yumm!!

I've been doing more stir fry vegetarian type dishes for dinner so I can have tea with dinner - and at night - popcorn with tea!! This is really a trip I'm enjoying. I go to the healthy food section of the store - even tried some new whole grain things.

Water never tasted so good - and it goes well with everything!!!!

I've been to some AA meetings with a friend - and we ate out. That may seem like a small thing - but for someone who rarely goes anywhere - except to work - then stays home and drinks - this is a major change.

I've done more and met more people in the past week then I have done in years - and this is just the beginning!!!

Why did I wait so long to stop drinking and start living?? I dont know - but it really feels great to be free from alcohol.

Simple small things - like being able to drive to the store at night for batteries or something - I couldnt do that when I was drinking - had to send my daughter out. LOL!!!

And so many encouraging people! I'm up - a natural high - and it feels good.
I guess we make it what we want it to be. I want it to be fun - and it is. And it can be.

Thanks for letting me share

peace and love
michael