View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tiro

Something not right.

I am a recovering addict and a member of the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous.I am currently working the Twelve Steps of NA with my sponsor and I have been clean now for more than five years.

Recovery has been very good for me but recently I have been getting these feelings that somehow something just is'nt right.

I recently began reading a book about Acoa's and the book has had a profound effect on me.I spoke with my sponsor and it was suggested that maybe there are issues in my childhood that I need to talk about.

Recovery in NA has taught me the importance of making amends for the wrong I have done to others.But what about the harm that was done to me?

The "Rule of Silence" runs deep in my family and I have always felt that it was wrong or shameful to talk about family issues with outsiders but I believe that this "Silence" and reluctance to even look at certain issues may be responsible for the unexplained feelings of Sadness anger and fear that sometimes jump up out of nowhere.

There are no Acoa meetings where I come from so I am hoping this forum can provide a helpful medium for some of the troubling questions and issues I have about being a child from a dysfunctional family.