View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 12:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FUNKY25
Paused

I am very sad to hear about Midas...while I am certainly no expert, I can relate my story to you about what I did when my dog died...it was nothing Earth shattering...I loved my dog as did you with all my heart...
the first thing i did was take out a picture of when my dog was young and happy and playing all the time...i took it to a frame store, and matched it up to several until i found the one that seemed to fit best...then i took it home and put it somewhere where i could look at it when I wanted, but wasn't staring me in the face 24/7...

then, as much as i love dogs, and have another now, I took the first day i had had in years where i didn't have to be home to walk the dog or feed the dog or give the dog water, and i did a literal marathon of activities...i stayed out from 7 am until well past sundown...i was out of the house for a good 15 hours...and while i was sad(the most natural reaction there is, i think) i went to the beach, and i had lunch out and i had dinner out and i went shopping and i stopped at some friends house to say hey...it was very nice to be out of the house all day with no worry about getting home to the dog...

i don't know if that will help at all, but that's my ditty...