View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
daydream
Obsessed Pug Momma

Dear highlight,
Hi, I already responded over on the other board where you also posted this. But I am also wondering, how do you know what he's talking with these women about? Were you eavesdropping or did he tell you outright? It's highly frowned upon that a sponsor reveal what is shared in sponsorship. I think there's a lot of judging going on throughout this thread, where we don't really know what this man is or isn't doing. I told you in my other post that I do believe he is disrepecting you by sponsoring women without your consent. However, after re-reading your original post, I now have to retract that statement. I initially thought you were his wife, but now I see you refer to him as a bf. He has not married you. Therefore he has every right to decide he is going to sponsor women, so long as he isn't trying to get into their pants. We don't have all the information. For all we know, since you said these women are not new to recovery, I sounds reasonable to me that they probably wouldn't have stayed clean this long if they were looking for something more than sponsorship. There may just be no women suitable to sponsor them within a reasonable distance. Many areas, like where I live, have few women available to sponsor and virtually no women with longterm clean time who will sponsor. I haven't heard any evidence that would prove your bf is doing ANYTHING else. And, I think it very unspiritual that anyone here would jump on the bandwagon of judging this addict 12 years into recovery, just because he has taken on a female sponsee. IMO, what you need is Alanon to help you apply spiritual principles in dealing with life circumstances, such as jealousy, control and powerlessness.

Last edited by daydream; 04-30-2006 at 09:19 PM. Reason: speeling errur