View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 02:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MootPoint
we're all mad here!

Sorry about assuming you were male, guess I fit the stereotype more than I thought
Kinda hard to guess gender from the nick "Moot Point", a picture of Marvin the Martian, and a Heinlein quote. Dontworryaboutit

I STILL feel very adament about your partner having to smoke OUTSIDE
We both have seperate leases and she says she should be able to smoke in ONE room of the apartment. This would make sense except, as you observed, the smoke goes much farther than that one room. And if I tell her about it, she either gets EXTREMELY defensive or says she'll start smoking outside and never does.

I wanted to make sure I gave you some praise on how you are handling all of this. You are not just someone who lives with a smoker... you are a recovering addict, and you've done so well
thankyou

Make sure to get out of the house (if you can) and allow some peace to set in for YOU.
I am a major hermit so getting out of the house is tough for me, except for my AA meetings. And I'm looking forward to that AA meeting tonight.

She's already calmed down, but it takes me a little while longer to calm down. I'm putting on a calm facade because I appreciate the effort she's going to to make peace. I am really looking forward to that AA meeting!