View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 04:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

(((((((Tigeress)))))))))

It must have been frustrating to not have your user name work! I have no explanation for that. But Tigeress is a good name!

If you've been lurking for several days, I'm sure you've learned a lot. Keep coming back. Everyone here cares, and can help so much. They won't try to make decisions for you, but they are all good "listeners", and can share their insight on things.

My husband doesn't drink all day, but starts every evening the second he gets home--whiskey. I don't know how a man can put so much away in a short time either! I use to figure out how many "drinks" is was, by the shot, because 1 shot is equal to 1 beer. A year ago, he drank a minimum of 24 drinks a night. I'm sure it's much more now, but I don't count.

Mine never passes out (wish he would sometimes), but manages to keep going no matter how much he drinks--like it's an endurance test or something.

All I can say is, you need to really spend time taking care of you. Do nice things for yourself everyday--even if it's just to go spend time walking among the flowers to clear your head and your senses. You can't change him, but you can change the way you deal with him. Trust me, it takes work, I'm still "working" on me! I'm not saying by any means that this is your fault, because it's not! You just need to take care of yourself so that his alcoholism does not affect you mentally and physically anymore. You will be so much better for it! Looking forward to talking with you!

Lyn