View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

Oh, boy! You're gonna get me on my soapbox now-- movies have really been getting to me lately. I know everyone loves John Wayne, and my husband insisted that anything with him in it was great, and the old style of movies, and wouldn't warp anyone's mind, etc. and so we rented a few, and all they do is portray drunks as heroes! Makes me mad.

Anyways, there's All in the Family, that was during my era. I feel like Edith Bunker all the time!

I always liked the Carpenters, because, though they had a lot of love songs, they also had a lot of love don't always work songs. Kept things in proper perspective, I think.

2 movies I like that shows how "true love" ought to be (doesn't always work this way, but it ought to) are "A Walk to Remember" and "The Mirror has 2 Faces". In A Walk to Remember, the guy has to work hard to win the girl, but he really means it. He really tries to make all her dreams come true--a knight in shining armor. In The Mirror Has 2 Faces, they become good friends, sharing intellectual ideas, he cares so much that he knows EXACTLY how she likes to eat her food, and even orders extra dressing on the side for her, etc. Geesh, I was married 20 years before Squinty realized I don't like pepper on anything. 20 YEARS! of "Please pass the salt". He passes the salt AND pepper. I say, "I don't like pepper, just the salt, please". He says "You don't like pepper?"! And that was before he lost half of his brain cells to alcohol!

I'm sure I'll think of more later!

Lyn