View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I am always tickled by Live's honesty and directness!

This whole forum has gotten way way low and I don't think that is what it needs to be. I am new to this. The fact that I am powerless over alcohol...that I am powerless over other people places and things is made stonger by looking back. The realization that there is a Higher Power working in my life is made stronger by looking back.

I have done alot of work already on guilt. I have done my crying and grieving over things that cannot be changed. And I did all of that in Alanon. I have already beaten my self up over things I regret and I did come out the other side. Maybe that is why I feel relatively safe doing this.

The contents of my life have brought me to this place...to this program and to this forum. For that I am grateful. What happened in my past just is...I couldn't control it then and I cannot control it today.

If something causes intense pain then perhaps the time is not right. Or perhaps it is and we just have to move through it. Only you can know that.

I care so much about all of you and I hate to see people hurt....if you don't feel safe then don't go there. I been getting PM's and I need sunglasses for all the lightbulbs flashing...

Just like Alanon/Naranon and AA/NA...one day, one step at a time. There is no cap and gown at the end of this gentle program.

(((HUGS)))
JT