Thread: Night Sweats
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
addictionbites3

glad i found this site...i became sober 7 months ago, and started drinking again 3 or 4 weeks ago...i can't even remember now. it started b/c i began dating someone and it threw me off balance b/c i felt like i could never tell him about being bipolar and being an addict...so i drank to sabotage things...or who knows why.

point is...the drinking came back worse than ever...was drinking everyday and not eating. blacking out. never used to do that. now, nightsweats...soak my sheets at night...clammy hands...my face sweats...i can't eat...just want alcohol. I stopped today...i am itchy all over and my hair is still soaked...SOAKED from my night sweats.

I was thankful for everyone's input on this forum...I now realize i can look forward to feeling better in about 72 hours...i just can't give in to the craving to drink to take away the edge and the sweats and the itchiness...yikes...my skin is on FIRE!

I appreciated the advice about drinking fluids...eating...taking in electrolytes...and releasing toxins. you all have helped me to understand this process better, so thank you. i am very disappointed in myself...it was so weird how the alcoholism came back with a vengeance...in an entirely different form...with a life of it's own. wow.

my heart is racing and my palms are sweating and i feel sick. I made myself eat. Drank juice. Took some vitamins. Any other advice? I am also having muscle spasms...like all of the sudden my leg will kick...or my arm will jerk...or my eyes will blink...it is so weird. these sudden, involuntary movements...in my sleep and while i am awake. and, the sleep is like a horrid cross between trying to be asleep but remaining alert and conscious enough to know i am soaking my sheets and am hot and cold and the same time. skin is on fire, yet i am freezing cold...and sweating, sweating, sweating.

any advice in terms of vitamins? someone mentioned folate? any advice in terms of how to integrate nutrition back into my life? anti-oxidents? oh, and the headache...goodness...i feel like i have a little man in there with a pix-axel going at it at my skull.

what about B vitamins? Potassium? Calcium?

Thank you...
in detox and hoping to make it thru...