View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 02:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
gms

OP checking in. Since I wrote my first post I had some short relapses where I had a few beers in the evening for a few days. On a few occasions I also socially drank a drink or two, but stopped like a normal person. I think I have had way more success in keeping my drinking in check than I did in the past. That said, I'm not proud of that social drinking and aim at complete abstinence.

Somebody recommended to me Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol - I liked it overall, but I can see the method was designed for cigarettes and doesn't fit alcohol 100%.

I talked to a psychiatrist who prescribed me with Acamprosate (Campral) and sulpiride (antidepressant). I took them for some time, but recently stopped. It may sound weird from a drunk, but I would like to live drug free and I worry about side effects.

There is no change in my health or cognition. I started noticing situations where I have to think hard to remember the name of a place or person, especially when I learned it recently. I also have problems recalling names of people that I interacted with a few years ago. I remember faces and interactions, but I have trouble recalling their names. I keep wondering if it is normal, a sign of aging, or brain damage from alcoholism.