View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
slimjim30

Thumbs up Check In

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't know anything about methadone Jim but remember we cant give medical advice here.Thoughts may be fine as long as they don't cross the line wishing you the bestD
Yep understand. I just wanted to hear from anyone who did it and their experience.

I went to 0mg 3ish weeks ago now and it was a bit rough. Trouble sleeping and working but I showed up everyday and it wasn't noticed as I pushed through. I went to my prescribing Doctor to tell him and he was cool. He gave me clonidine and a double script of benzos (I normally take 1-2 Ativan per week so 2 bottles a year - i.e. i am not addicted i use irregularly and have been on the same dose 12 years). He gave me 2 bottles to help with Xmas as a one off.

I'm weaning those down now and taking legal herbal supplements to help with testosterone as I can tell my T is still low from 7 odd years on some sort of daily opioid/opiate. I won't mention their name for medical advice reasons.

Overall I'm doing good and have no cravings. In fact I had an epiphany some time back and have lost interest in Heroin too. Apart from the benzos, this is the first time I've been clean in 32 years (multiple addictions from 12-44).I consider myself clean while using benzos as I will return to my normal dose soon. I've already weaned down significantly from when I first withdrew.

I also got prescribed CBD Oil (0% THC) as it's recently been legalised here. I don't know if it helps or not, but I'm feeling really good so apart from weaning back to safer benzo doses and weaning clonidine I'm kinda sorta there. ​​​​​​

I don't recommend this if you have significant responsibilities you can't postpone. My wife took over 90% of household/child rearing responsibilities for 4 weeks to help (she's an angel and has been made thoroughly aware - as a side effect, it also improved her relationship with our son).​​​​​​​ ​​​​​​​I thought I'd be on opioids forever. I truly did. However I am off them and I'm 99% craving free. ​​

What a wild ride.​​​​​​​