View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 10:41 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
advbike

What a wonderful report card! You're doing so great , Mizz, and it's all because of that amazing attitude! All the positivity! It even makes me happy!

I forgot to answer your question about the house painting as I've been busy finishing up my way overdue bathroom project here. Because I have company coming next weekend, haha. They will need a guest bathroom. Nothing like a deadline to light a fire under me. I have to say it's gone well, no leaks and my caulking job along the backsplash looks almost professional.. haha. And I got back on the bike today, finally, which felt really good.

So about the painting, we will have it done. Labor is cheap over there so no point in doing it oneself. And they use a special epoxy paint on the concrete. The house is sparsely furnished right now so it's the best time to do it. We have wrapped it up for the year and my GF gave each worker a small bonus this weekend, something we had discussed and which I really wanted to do. These guys do backbreaking work in the heat and humidity and are just happy to get a regular wage. And almost always happy and smiling. She put each one in a nice red embossed envelope with a personal note, it was a very nice touch. Apparently they don't normally get bonuses and were very happy and grateful. I am very grateful that I could help them with 6 months of work and a little bonus at the end. And for a beautiful little house. Just in time for Christmas. My GF and her two sons will spend the holiday there and I will show up in January.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, Mizz. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey!