Thread: Day 1 AGAIN
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 05:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AJ143143

Originally Posted by ToughChoices View Post
Alcohol temporarily numbs emotions (boredom, sadness, pain, anger) then ends up enhancing them as you metabolize the ethanol. That is, unless you keep yourself sufficiently inebriated. Once THAT wears off, all that remains is pain and regret. And probably a desire for more alcohol so that you can stop feeling so craptastic. That's why it's addictive.

Understanding this mechanism helps free me from the desire to partake. Alcohol is simply emotional poison. It is false.

Your pain is true. Cry. Mourn. Be angry. Maybe even feel a little gratitude to be free of this jerky guy.

Those emotions aren't always fun, but they really can't be glossed over or drunk away. Only path is through.

You are smart and strong, and you will get through this. You'll find a path - don't stop looking!
Oh I totally agree.... I wasn't inferring that I think drinking will help... I think I left it too much as a cliff hanger. What I wanted to say was I don't want to drink, but I don't want to cry.... I know drinking won't help but man when the waves of pain come over this break up it is much more brutal than I thought