Old 12-09-2022, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Twelvecans

Chickens have come home to roost, or so it seems.

The last time I visited here was in 2014. Back then I was 35 years old and my alcoholism was a problem, but not enough for me to quit. Fastforward 14 years, I've gained over 30 pounds, asthma, a bad knee, vitamin D deficiency, esophagitis, gastritis, and iron deficiency due to rectal bleeding.

About two weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night having breathing difficulties. Ended up in the E.R and they thought it was a panic attack after having done blood samples and EKG. I guess I should have told them about the occasional pain in the liver area, but it didn't occur to me. In any case, everything has been worse since that night. It sometimes sting in the liver area when I put my socks on in the morning, I sometimes wake up at night with pains. I eventually told this to my doctor and ended up having another EKG but also ultrasound, and it turns out I got a bad case of fatty liver disease and I'm due for a CT scan of the liver in the middle of January. I stopped drinking on the 14th of november, but had 4 Coronas today. I had put on my shoes and was on my way to the store to get more, but realised it was a bad idea so I ended up staying home.

Emotionally I feel the same, but physically I feel awful. To be honest, a part of me is hoping this is the end of the road and that it all ends quickly. When I draw breath it still feels like I cant get enough oxygen and that really sucks. So if you are young and reading this, or older and just realised that you have a drinking problem, please consider quitting before you end up with health issues like me. Its not fun. I've been strong and fit all my life, and now all of a sudden its like my body is quitting on me. Pain in more than one place, every day. 24/7. Appreciate advice from any old timers who been through similar things.

Have a nice weekend everyone.