View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
What I do is listen to Everyone. Even if It doesn't sit well with me at first I try to look at all advice with an open mind.
Take this to the bank and deposit it, it will pay great dividends. Very solid plan and wisdom.

When things don't sit well with me, I go to my drop-back mantra, "What the hell do I know anyway?". It was doing things my way and the way I wanted that got me to the point of being an alcoholic that was circling the drain. I am not my best number one go to source for advice. My history will back me up on that!

If something is causing me a bit of discomfort, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it could be a harbinger of a good thing...it took a lot of pain before I was willing to open up to the possibility that maybe my way wasn't working and that possibly there could be merit in other people's thoughts and methods.

A little investigation (into other peoples advice) prior to action has never really hurt me, I can't say the same thing about blindly following my own advice to me.