View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
SnazzyDresser
sober style

I saw I'd posted in this thread earlier, turns out it was back in 2019 after my initial AA experience. Since then I've keep going back (hahaha that's what they say, see) now and then, first to an "agnostic" AA group in early 2020 which was interesting but I was going the other way, starting to believe in God myself after almost going full-octane Buddhist. Now I've got a more conventional group I'm comfortable with, I go every Wednesday at noon, very small meetings but really perfect for me. I'm never gonna get a sponsor or formally "work the steps" but they know that and I'm right on the big issues so they tolerate me ok hahaha. I like it and it has helped my rebuilding my atrophied social skills immensely. Also brought me closer to God, which is really the crux of the whole thing I'd say!

When I "share" (or as I tend to say, "I'm gonna talk now") in meetings, I always always always say I got sober at an online sobriety website. And inside I think, "Thank God I found SR and the great people there back in 2016!"