View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 09:29 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Mizz

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Im doing well, Advbike. Ive been away from online stuff for a bit. Absorbed in writing in the mornings, work, write, then wake up and do it all over again. Life is good. Nothing dramatic or over the top has happened. My last post may have eluded to something going on, but life has surprised me in such a good way. Our heads can sometimes get away from us/ me. My head.....It likes to create chorus numbers and sometimes I listen to the song it sings, and watch the dance it dances.

Im getting better at not listening and not participating in the over the top antics.

I was on the wine aisle yesterday talking to the worker. Looking at all the bottles that I once drank on repeat. After a minute of standing there I thought that this little place is not a safe place for me. I abruptly ended the conversation and went back to my work. I didnt have cravings, or thoughts that I could or should drink. I just knew the conversation needed to end. "Ya, bye. Im going to go where I am supposed to be and where I am supposed to be is not here!"

Other than that.... Im just hammering away on this keyboard for hours on end. Editing the hours of words. A story is being written in a fashion that is whimsical and telling of how my brain works. So far so good. Also, the anxiety has all but left once I started to focus on a different story to tell. So, I think I learned something there...... Focus on a different story.

How is everyone doing?