View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 02:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dropsie

Wayback,
I also had terrible anxiety and clinical depression after my second child was born. The anxiety was the worst thing I have ever experienced.
I still drank then, but my instinct was to STOP drinking, because I knew it was making it worse. And it helped a lot, together with the meds of course.
I know you know this, but the worst thing you could do now is drink. You may get some relief for second, and then it will be worse, and then you will have to stop again, and then it will be even worse.
I cannot say I know how you feel, but I do know how I felt, and it will get better with time, and the right medication, provided you do not drink.
Just to add that that child is 18 now, I have not drank in years, no meds, no anxiety, no depression. But it took time and perseverance. For me, I just decided to stop drinking like you did. And then I took it off the table. No optionality - I don't hit my kids, I do not drink. Ever. I had good reasons to, but I never revisited the decision, I just implemented it and persevered.
I am thinking of you. Please keep us posted.