Old 11-12-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
BettyP

abdoudz, I have heard of this happening with people using marijuana/THC, even for a short time -- they become dissociated and experience anxiety, depersonalization/derealization for a period of time that seems to make no sense for the amount of time they used. It's entirely possible that you got yourself into an anxiety feedback loop that triggers PAWS-like symptoms. I'd suggest speaking to a doctor to rule out anything that can be remedied on a medical standpoint, and get some bloodwork done to make sure you're not, say, suffering from low vitamin D, hypothyroid etc. And it it turns out to be strictly mental symptoms, then follow a protocol like all of us have been doing - get a lot of rest, avoid caffeine and stress (when you can), basically do a lot of self care and don't push yourself. Whether or not it's PAWS doesn't mean that what you're experiencing isn't real -- your brain is attached the the rest of your body, so treat yourself with kindness and eat healthy, whole foods, take walks, etc. -- I think you'll find that your nervous system will re-regulate itself if you give it what it needs.
Good luck and keep posting here if you need support! And - definitely don't drink anymore!