View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

I’m no fan confrontation myself . So I cheated , I adopted a different mindset a new framing. I decided that that voice was no longer a threat or opponent , I decided to recognize It was there , hard not too , but Its presence ‘just was’ . The ‘just was’ presence/stance didn’t mean I was suddenly comfortable knowing I’d never again experience the deep deep pleasure of intoxication , but without Its precious stuff, It becomes weaker , killing it means starving It.
It is totally logical to expect decades of use will come with a bill due to the piper , accepting the cost to mind , body and soul and the perseverance needed to pay that cost for the effects of intoxication and then shutting that all down fullstop is going to come with some uncomfortable-ness , yeah? But the only way through , is through ,no ?
The Beast recognizes the Big Plan for the death knell to It it is and is in no way going to ‘like it’. Being/becoming comfortable living with residual desire , doesn’t come from fighting or confronting anything , it literally comes from nothing . No more precious for It , no more of Its lifeblood starves It of any illusory potency It ‘makes You feel It has’.
IT is a parasite that needs You to literally feed it , You decide to feed it or not , You can make the decision , Rootin for ya