View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 04:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
STDragon
Sober-T- Dragon

My entry yesterday was short 'cause I was up early and on my way to work. Having lined up allot of tasks, I was expecting a full 8 hour day. The first task I thought would be most difficult and take up most of the day ended up only being an hour. Then I quickly figured out how to automate the second task and everything else went without a hitch. After 4 hours, I was done! So I left and came back home.

I've been working on a storage closet renovation which included some simple electrical work (Relocating a plug and adding a wall switch and interior light). So I thought I'd take on a simple task and remove a wire that is no longer needed. I opened a junction box and ended up with this rats nest!

I discovered there are two different circuits fed into this box supplied buy one three wire line. Which is allowed, but in the panel, the two breakers are apart from each other with a couple of breakers in between. That is a violation. They should be together with their handles tied. I opened up that box not knowing that one circuit was still alive.

I tell ya, I thought I was screwed. It took me all afternoon to sort this out and wire it back up into it's original two circuits. I'm just glad I have a tone generator to help trace the lines.

On the bus!