Old 08-22-2022, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Caligirl76

Hi, everyone!

Thank you all again so much for taking the time to reach out and reply to me. I have been carrying your words in my heart and you each have really helped soothe my soul. I am so sorry for not following up with you sooner...two of my children came down with a horrible cold virus which has kept me unusually busy with taking care of them since late last week.

There were also some new developments with my ex which I have needed time to process.

The first thing is that yesterday (Sunday) morning, I got a message request from him on Instagram. I tried to open the message but because I still had him restricted and blocked, the message was deleted upon me accepting the request and trying to open the message. I did unblock him to write him back to ask him to resend whatever he had messaged me earlier, but as of tonight he hadn't even opened my message after more than 24 hours.

I also have him blocked on Facebook but many of my/our friends and family are still friends with him on that platform. Today a mutual friend sent me screenshots of cuddly photos of he & the new girl he's dating from a road trip they took this weekend. She (the new girl) posted the pics on her own page and tagged him whereas he posted two pics from the trip of scenery but no pics of them together on his own page. The only reason I'm mentioning the photos, etc. is because I'm so confused about why he'd even attempt to reach out to me if everything is going so well for him/them.

It did hurt a lot though, I must admit, to see them together in photos even though I already knew he wanted to date her (since he told me that very thing three weeks ago when we last spoke). It just feels like the bandaid has been ripped off and salt has been poured into my wounds but guess it's still just going to hurt for a while since I still feel so blindsided.

Some of his family members and friends who I am still close to think that he's moving on way too fast, not processing things properly and is trying to fill a void. Some also think he's looking for a roof over his head since he doesn't want to keep living on a sober living house and he cannot move home with his parents and neice/nephew since he's had a falling out with them. Sidenote: I forgot to mention in my original post that the cough syrup with codeine that he finished in one weekend when we broke up was a prescription that belonged to his nephew (which caused their rift).

I still owe you guys individual responses to some of the things you all said and asked in response to my original post, but I at least wanted to take a few moments to thank you again and update you on the latest.

Anyone have any ideas about why he would have tried messaging me? Should I follow up with him via text perhaps, or should I just leave it alone?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the understanding and continued wisdom and advice. I feel so thankful for this forum and hope you are all well. ❤